Monday, November 19, 2012

The Tour Packing List



I don't have to do to much work on my packing list. Only some tweaking for this tour. But here is what I'm looking at taking along. I will be updating/republishing it as I make changes.

Bicycle 

Detours Phinney Handlebar Bag 
  • Camera
  • Snacks
Delorme PN-60 GPS and cable and Li-Ion rechargeable battery


Sunlite Rear Trunk Bag

Burley Nomad Trailer Cargo Trailer 


  • spare tube

Camping Gear






Kitchen/Cooking






  • small fry pan


  • small aluminum dutch oven
  • cooler bag - one of those you get in the grocery store to keep your frozen things frozen on the way home. Works great on a tour.

Electronics
  • Netbook with power supply
  • Kindle
  • SD cards
  • battery charger
  • Universal USB cable and multiple connectors
  • rechargeable batteries
  • external CD/DVD drive and software CDs
  • mini USB port
  • Solar charger - still deciding on what one to buy. The one at the top of the list so far is the s-Charger 5 by Suntronics

Clothing
  • Showers Pass Touring Rain Jacket
  • Padded bike briefs - like the padded bike short only designed to wear under regular shorts. No one needs to see an old guy in spandex and in the past I've found the more I look like a normal person and not a 'cyclist', the better I'm viewed by drivers on the road.

Miscelaneous
  • Tenor Ukelele
  • Monocular/small telescope
  • Baby wipes
  • Insect repellant
  • Sun screen
  • First Aid Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment